About Strategic Management Services, LLC:
Strategic Management Services, LLC (Strategic Management) is a pioneer in helping the health care industry with timely and innovative regulatory compliance solutions. As one of the few consulting companies focusing exclusively on the health care compliance industry, Strategic Management differentiates itself by its unique expertise, qualifications and people.
About this Internship Opportunity:
The Statistical Analytics Intern, with guidance from the Senior Consulting Team, will provide analytical and statistical data analysis support utilizing statistical software packages.
This paid Internship has the duration of approximately 3 months, with the potential for a permanent full-time position thereafter.
This internship is located in Strategic Management's headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia.
Who We're Looking For:
We're looking for a current graduate student or recent graduate with a statistical and mathematical education background, general knowledge of health care systems, solid computer and software skills, database query and management skills, and ability to accomplish all delegated tasks.
- Currently enrolled in, or recently completed study, from a graduate school program leading to a Master's in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Health Services Research, or related field.
- Proven experience with statistical, forecasting, and/or optimization software such as R or Python, or SAS.
- Demonstrated strong written, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills, with attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong partnering and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated aptitude and willingness to learn new analytical methods, software applications, and tools
- Familiarity with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Preferred Qualifications: (very strong preference given to candidates with these skills)
- Experience using R or Python (> 500 hours)
- Understanding of database structure; experience using SQL (>100 hours)
- Experience using statistical methods such as linear regression, generalized linear models, dimensionality reduction (ex: principle components analysis), clustering (ex: hierarchal, k-means)